New competition starts September 2019.
1. Futsal is a 5-a-side indoor football game played at club level on a basketball sized court.Whilst it may appear similar to football (soccer) there are distinct differences. Players must wear non marking soled shoes, shin pads covered by long socks and 'sport' shirt and shorts (referees can prevent players entering the court if not dressed correctly)
2. Each team has 5 players on the court - one of whom MUST be the goalkeeper
3. Team squads can be up to a maximum of 10 players
4. Flying substitutions are allowed throughout the game- without notifying the referee. (G/K's should only be substituted during a stoppage in play).
5. A goal CANNOT be scored directly from a sideline kick in, an indirect free kick or a kickoff (starting or restarting a game)
6. Other than #5 above, a goal may be scored from anywhere on the court (within the necessary rules of the game).
7. The whole of the ball must CROSS the whole of the line for the referee to award a corner, goal, goal clearance etc.
8. There are NO offsides!
9. Slide tackles are NOT allowed in a game of futsal by any players except goalkeepers (see # 18)
10. Shoulder charging is NOT allowed.
11. Aggressive / Dangerous play is NOT allowed.
12. There is a 4 second time limit placed on all set plays (corners, free kicks, etc).
13. 5 accumulated team fouls are allowed each half (per team).Each subsequent foul is rewarded by a 10 metre penalty shot to the opposition team.
14. To restart the game from the sideline a KICK IN replaces the throw in. Ball placed on sideline, player must have both feet on or outside the sideline.
15. To restart the game by a GOAL (kick) CLEARANCE, the g/k must THROW the ball into play.
16. A goalkeeper CANNOT throw or dropkick/punt the ball over the 2/3 line on the 'full'.
17. Once distributed by the g/k (in his/her own half) the ball may NOT be touched again by him/her until the ball has either touched an opponent or has crossed the halfway line. ( 2 Touch)
18. A g/k may NOT handle the ball from a back pass or kick in and is restricted to 4 seconds on the ball in his/her own half of the field of play.
19. Goalkeepers can only slide (side on) within the confines of their own penalty area. Sliding feet first toward an opponent is illegal (dangerous play).
20. Goalkeepers may only handle the ball within their own penalty areas (“D”s)
21. Players must retreat 5 metres from the ball at all 'set' plays.
22. Players CANNOT play the ball whilst (“lying”) on the ground if an opponent is within playing distance of the ball.
23. Referees ALWAYS have the final say in ALL match decisions, please accept those decisions and respect our officials and the sometimes difficult work they do ! (No refs, No games ?)
24. Referees control games (if necessary) with YELLOW (caution) and RED (expulsion) cards.
25. FFAA Judiciary panel is responsible for deciding penalties (match suspensions) for those players found guilty of persistent rule breaking, foul play, dissent etc.
26. Points per game. 3 Win, 2 Draw, 1 Loss, 0 Forfeit
|Age Group||Amount due|
|Juniors||16 games @ $65.00 per team||$1040.00 per team|
|Seniors||16 games @ $75.00 per team||$1200.00 per team|
Age Groups re: 7-8’s, 9-10’s, 11-12’s 13-14’s 15-16’s, Ladies, Mens
The Cut-off Date for age groups is the age you are as of the 1st September 2017.
All players, coaches and spectators must use the Main entrance. If you use one of the Fire doors Willoughby Leisure Centre will issue you a $50 fine. All fire doors are alarmed and have cameras.